Ten Years After: Dale Earnhardt's Co-Biographer Shares His Memories

Filed under: , , ,

I stopped in a line of traffic, the nose of my car just short of the rail tracks that run in front of Richard Childress's shop complex in Welcome, N.C. The line of cars began to build behind me.

I heard a loud train horn.

I didn't exactly jump, but I looked quickly left and right, up and down the tracks, just to be sure. Then I looked behind me, and yes, there was Earnhardt, behind the wheel of a black Chevrolet dually pick-up. He and a colleague in the cab were doubled over laughing.

Earnhardt and I finally parked simultaneously, and he waited for me on the sidewalk in front of the shop. "You must have jumped half a foot," he said, still chuckling.

"Did not."

He grinned like a cat. "I rigged that horn on the truck for times like that. Some people, we really get 'em."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2011/02/12/ten-years-after-dale-earnhardts-co-biographer-shares-his-memor/

Brian Scott BigSpot com Toyota Carl Long Millennium Fuel Energy Drink Chevrolet Willie Allen

0 comments:

Post a Comment